Social Bookmarking is great. All the bookmarks you could ever want at your fingertips and yet it seems like there is more that you could do with them. Good news is I have 5 tips of how to use Delicious for more than just collecting various blog posts.
- Keep your feed reader lean and mean – Next Time you save a bookmark tag it with the name of the blog. Then when you want to clean out your feed reader you can see which blogs give you the most value based on your delicious tags.
- Content Collection – If you’re part of a research group or collaborative effort create custom tags to mark what you discover. This makes it easy for everyone to find and share content without having to email links back and forth.
- Digital library – There are plenty of sites that have digital copies of classic and contemporary literature. Start collecting and tagging to create a digital library of your favorite books online.
- Add value to blog posts – At the end of a blog post include links to any of your relevant tags. This gives your readers a quick way to learn more about a topic and gives you yet another way to share others content.
- Blog Topics – Check out what topics are being saved the most (or least) and have access to reference / research material all with one search.
What about you? How do you use social bookmarking services like Delicious? How do you get the most out of your bookmarks?
Thank you for reading,
Or if you prefer subscriptions of the email variety click here