A few weeks ago I started off my Social Media for Small Businesses series with Coffee Shops, I’d like to update that with an addition of a new iPhone app named CoffeeBuzz.
This app appeared a few days ago, but since I don’t have an iPhone I don’t keep too close an eye on the iPhone happenings, but this one brought up some great ideas the second I heard about it on Mashable (about 10 minutes ago). If you don’t want to read the article I’ll give you the quick rundown that Pete did in his article.
1. Coffee locator: find coffee shops near you using the iPhone’s GPS
2. Get updates from people drinking coffee near you (similar to the Twitter location app “Twinkle”)
3. Share your favorite places to drink coffee
4. Post Tweets whenever you have a coffee
5. Automatically update your Twitter location
If you are a coffee shop owner and you have an iPhone this little $4 app is well worth the price, and here’s another list to tell you why.
- By seeing what other people are saying both about you and the competition you get a very candid insight on your demographic.
- If your shop is on Twitter and you know any of your fellow tweeple post when they get coffee from you to up the engagement a notch.
- Offer other users of this app coffee specials via an update. Make it something awesome like a $2 latte and you just might have a new customer or twelve.
- If you have someone preforming at your shop send an update and/or a coffee special out via the app for everyone else to see and entice customers.
I’m excited to see more apps like this show up for both the iPhone and the G1. These types of specialty apps provide unique ways for people and businesses to interact, but what do you think? How would you use this app if you were a coffee shop? Are there other apps like it that would work as well? Leave your thoughts below.
Thank you for reading,
Josh “Shua” Peters
Or if you prefer subscriptions of the email variety click here