If you’ve got a great online video but aren’t sure how to showcase it, you’ve come to the right place. With videos everywhere on the Internet, they’re truly the most cost-effective way to market your business. But they can also easily get lost in the shuffle. Here are some tips to attract attention and draw in your audience:
1. Keep it Simple The best way to ensure brand notoriety and engage with an audience is to keep your video shorthand sweet. Ask yourself what the key benefit to the audience is and create messaging that lets the audience know what’s in it for them. The more targeted and concise your video, the more memorable it will be.
2. Make Sure it Stands Out If you’ve got a great video, the last thing you want is to have it buried on your home page. The more easily accessible your video is, the more hits it will get. Also, keep in mind that you must have your organization’s name tied to it to ensure brand recognition.
3. Rely on Search Engines Since search engines now have more capabilities to display videos, they’re a great way to get your video noticed organically. And with video so prevalent on the Internet, you actually have a better chance of getting noticed with your video than you do with plain text.
4. Use Video Hosting Website YouTube and other video hosting sites are great ways to get your product or service noticed by people who weren’t necessarily looking for you. And, you can create your own channel and showcase your videos without spending money on bandwidth. Bottom line, these sites are a great way to build awareness and boost your ROI.
5. Inspire Your Audience to Take ActionWhether it’s to learn more or buy your product, your video isn’t any good if it doesn’t allow yourtarget audience to take action. So, even if your video is purely educational – you want to makesure you give your audience the information they need to build a stronger relationship with you.
Bio: Maria Rainier is a freelance writer and blog junkie. She is currently a resident blogger at First In Education and performs research surrounding online schools.